I finally did it, I finished spinning 4 ounces!! I am pretty proud of my self. I did not think I would ever manage to get the bobbin full, it took forever. Though I have to admit, it went much faster when I started spinning regularly because of the tour de fleece. Here is my results:
I know if anyone else looks like it they will probably think: Is that all? It has little curlycues coming out of it, and it really does not look that even! But it is the first thing I have ever spun! I am going to be working on the other 4, so I can ply them. I am now a bit anxious to see what the end result will look like. But I guess I have to be patient.
I have also been working on A’tuin and Casablanca, though Casablanca went backwards since the last post. I decided I wanted beads in the Moorish lattice. Every time I picked it up I said to my self: Next time I want to put beads in this part. Then I decided that it was a nice to knit, and it was only 20 rows back to where I wanted to put the first beads in, so I just ripped it. I tried dropping individual stitches, but that did not work so well. You keep running into other stitches that you then also have to drop. I decided rather then litterally having to drop all the stitches one by one, I would just frog and redo it. It is a bit of a gamble, since I don’t know what the complete stole will look like, but I think it will be okay. A’tuin is almost finished till the end of the 2nd chart. I promise, pictures will come when that happens. Back to knitting!