The saddest part is that I have attempted to write this blog post for more then a week now! 🙂 Things have been a bit chaotic around here. I have been working hard on a secret project that I can’t tell anyone about, therefore I can’t write about it here either.
But about a week and a half ago,( or was that 2 weeks ago already?) I finally finished the socks for my toddler. Here they are:
And from the side:
They were a lot of fun to make, they are called “Coriolis”, a pattern from the “New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One“, by Cat Bordhi. The Toddler loves them, and has hardly been willing to let me wash them. I really feels good when someone appreciates your knitting that much. Of course right at this moment I may have a bit of an issue, related to this love… The Toddler took the socks out of the laundry, when I was sorting, and so far I have only found one of them. I sure hope to find the other. I have plenty of yarn to make a 3rd sock, but would rather move on to something else. Of, by the way, these socks were made on US 6 bamboo dpn’s, from a yarn called “Wildflower D.K.” by Plymouth, which apparently has been discontinued. It was a bit splitty to say the least, but the colors are really nice, and I would think the cotton/Acrylic would hold up pretty well. We’ll see. It shows the stitches very nicely. Now off to see whether that sock was in the last load of laundry…