I have had Swan Lake laying somewhere in my bedroom so that I could grab it when I needed it, and had not looked at it for a couple of months. When I picked it up again, something didn’t look quite right… This is what I found:
All in all I found 5 holes! I was horrified. Fortunately the holes were small, and with lots of fiddling, I got the fixed using a combination of duplication stitch and something I am sure no one has heard of. It wasn’t pretty, and I won’t share any pictures of the process, but thankfully I think I got things secured and fixed. It isn’t perfect, but it will pass the galloping horse test. And I think even some more detailed tests. Take a look for yourself:
Now for the progress, I have been working primarily on my friend’s Oregon shawl. I have to admit it is taking a lot longer then I had hoped when I promised her that I would knit it for her. But it is fun, and that is the most important part, and it is getting there, just slowly. I just finished the second repeat of the Fir Cone Pattern, and that means I have just finished round 32 of the side. I have somewhere around 1468 stitches on my 26 inch long needles. Taking appropriate pictures is difficult, because the stitches are bunch up on the needle. But here is the best I can do for a progress picture:
It shows the center partially, and a little part of the edge, up to round 32. Alright, I am going back to knitting! Talk to you later!