While I took a little sabbatical from the Blog, I did do some more knitting. I promised I would show, so…
First up, a pair of socks for my youngest son, DS2. He saw this yarn, and just had to have a pair of socks. I didn’t quite manage to make them matching, but he doesn’t care. I hope they are big enough he can wear them next year too. The pattern is from ‘New Pathways for Sock Knitters’ by Cat Bordhi, the Riverbed Master pattern. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Merino 100, as you can see that is quite a bright mix of colors. It really is a shame that apparently Meilenweit Merino is not for sale in the USA… 😦 I love this yarn, it is sooo soft!
Next was the cardigan for DS1, a pattern I made up myself. I think it worked out rather well, in my opinion. He is very happy with it, which is of course the most important thing. The yarn was a very old worsted weight Wintuk by Sears.
And last but not least, I actually made some progress on my crochet afghan with 63 different blocks. Here are block 34:
and block 35:
As I said, there are supposed to be 63 of these, and I am making them ‘in order’, at least the way there are listed in the book. The order in which they are attached according to the picture is quite different. It is fun to make squares with a different pattern each time, but 63 is an awful lot… I try to do at least one a month, but the last couple of months have not gotten quite that much done. Oh well.
If I can get WordPress to talk to Facebook, those of you following on Facebook get an update again, but since Facebook has cancelled the link, I have not been able to show my posts on my wall. 😦 I finally found something on WordPress that supposedly worked the same way, but I can’t get them to talk together. Yet.