Happy New Year Everyone! It has been a while, but I did want to pop in, and give my best wishes to everyone who is reading this. It has been busy. But I wanted to try to start with a clean slate, which means I have a few more projects to show you.
First off, in the middle of the summer, I finished this nightgown.
It is a pattern I have made before, and it is just a fun little thing. The girls love them. I have made them with both long and short sleeves. I think more of these will be following. I am thinking sleeveless would not be too hard, just a little adjustment on the armholes.
Then there were these socks for DD2. The yarn was Plymouth Yarn’s Diversity, a very soft sock yarn, with 93% Acrylic, 7 % polyester. The 100 gram skeins have 420 yards, plenty for a pair of socks. The color way is called Pink Palm, though my skein did not actually state that… Long life the internet! 😀 The pattern is called twisted rib, k4, p4, shift over 1 stitch every 4 or so rounds…
A dear friend from the other side of the world had a baby in June, and of course I had to make something for him!
The pattern is Rossbeg, from Contemporary Irish Knits, by Carol Feller, downsized for a 9 month old. Apparently I overshot a little, because at 6 months old the baby barely fit is. Oops! I used US4 (3,5 mm) needles and Patons’ Classic Wool Worsted, in the Natural Mix color way.
But, I love the book, it has gorgeous patterns in it, and this is just one of them. The yarn was a soft, but not extremely, but since it was meant as a cardigan/light coat, it was perfectly fine. It was actually perfect for this.
And in late September I finished spinning my first batch of yarn.
It was 16 oz of lovely sliver, BFL (Blue Faced Leister) I believe. I got about 2030 yards of 2 ply yarn from it, in 4 uneven skeins, which makes about 126 yards per oz. Or 447 yards per 100 gram. Not bad, if I say so myself.
Last but certainly not least, I finished a scarf, loosely following Renee’s Lace Class Scarf pattern, though I made a number of changes. But, you know what? With all the busyness of the holiday season, I have not gotten around to blocking it! And do not really have a picture yet. I used Plymouth Earth’s Ecco Cashmere, delightfully soft, 100% Cashmere goat. The skein was 354 yards per 50 gram, on Needle US4 (3.5mm). Lovely, incredibly soft. I made it a lot narrower, since my yarn was a lot thinner then the pattern called for, but I prefer my scarfs that way. I seems to be a good length, and when I get it blocked, I will take a good picture, and tell you all about what I did. Apparently Ecco Cashmere is no longer in Plymouth’s line-up, and I could not find a link for you to it’s information. Here is a link with comparable alternatives though.
And that catches you up for 2016, I think. I can tell you there is more coming this year, as I have already dipped my toe in a new skill. Tatting! But more about that next time…