I was talking about it before, and have finally decided to actually do it. I am going to talk about all the projects I currently have in progress. But first I am going to share about a wonderful package that arrived today. I received a terrific gift certificate from a very dear friend, and finally got around to spending it. The first and foremost item was actually lace blocking wires. I am hoping to be able to more easily block lace shawls with these. Then there was that pattern that caught my eye, and since it was on sale, I decided to indulge myself. It is a knitted twin set, as in a cardigan and shell. But the bulk of the package was actually wonderfully soft, scrumptious looking yarn. There is a skein of Centolavaggi lace weight yarn, in a chestnut color, a skein of Heritage sock yarn in the color Camel, and 4 skeins of Nirvana lace weight in the color dove, a very nice silvergrey. At 1531 yards, the Centolavaggi should be plenty for a shawl, and the 4 skeins or Nirvana add up to 1488 yards, which I also think should be a very nice shawl. I am looking forward to matching it to a pattern, but first I want to finish some of my UFO’s.
And here is the list of projects I am currently working on.
Then there is my Casablanca shawl, which looked like this at the beginning of the year:
I am making it using Zephyr lace weight. The pattern was made available through a KAL by Anne Cousins. I am unaware of any source where the pattern is currently available. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Fourth would be A’tuin, a very pretty but somewhat problematic pattern designed by Mmario. I have not quite gotten to the part where everyone who has attempted this shawl is stuck, but it is not far out. Mmario has said that he will figure it out, but currently A’tuin is not cooperating. What else would one expect from a turtle who carries a whole world on it’s back.
I am using some 5/2 pearl cotton.
And my last knitting project would be my Icelandic Lace Shawl. It uses Brooks Farm’s Acero. It has been patient, and been waiting for me while I have been off having affairs with other shawls. It’s main problem is that it gets to be too hot to knit in these Texas summers. This is what it looks like:
However, that is not all. I am also working on a crocheted afghan:
I am using Wintuk yarn for this one. There will be 63 squares in the end, and around the beginning of the year I had finished 27 squares.
There is another afghan, a ripple afghan, that I am “aware” of floating somewhere around the house, but I could not actually put my hands on it to take a picture of it.
I also do cross stitch, and I am working on Bird Feeder by Thea Gouverneur, but this one is going reeeaaal slow:
And last but not least, my bobbin lace:
It is just a little flanders edging, and it is a lot of fun to do, as long as my 2 year old doesn’t tear the bobbins off. That makes progress very slow, as I am not usually in the mood to fix it when that happens.